Affinities and buffs

Go down

Affinities and buffs

Post by Xeen on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Can't wait to dive in and try out your new system. I'm trying to figure out if affinities equate to a %buff to damage for that spell type based on level (maybe 100% per level below 13 so a 1 is 1200% damage buff). That would make sense if everyone had access to the same spells and it was the affinities that determined effectiveness. Or maybe it's tier system so the 500 damage fire spell is anyone 7 or better affinity but the 800 damage one is 5 or better and the 1200 damage one is only available to 1's?

I'm curious how Buffs fit into this. Do Shamans still get access to stat buffs? If so, is it only them or will they be based on an affinity? My guess would be spiritual? I wonder if things like damage shields or HP buffs get modified or are flat.

The pet thing I'm a little confused on since the non-pet classes all seem to end at the same level of pet (44) but some have 7 affinity in pet and some have 13 for example. That makes me think the affinity as multiplier makes more sense.

Any idea what time (ballpark) this weekend you will launch?

Xeen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Affinities and buffs

Post by Drakiyth on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 pm

Xeen wrote:Can't wait to dive in and try out your new system. I'm trying to figure out if affinities equate to a %buff to damage for that spell type based on level (maybe 100% per level below 13 so a 1 is 1200% damage buff). That would make sense if everyone had access to the same spells and it was the affinities that determined effectiveness. Or maybe it's tier system so the 500 damage fire spell is anyone 7 or better affinity but the 800 damage one is 5 or better and the 1200 damage one is only available to 1's?

I'm curious how Buffs fit into this. Do Shamans still get access to stat buffs? If so, is it only them or will they be based on an affinity? My guess would be spiritual? I wonder if things like damage shields or HP buffs get modified or are flat.

The pet thing I'm a little confused on since the non-pet classes all seem to end at the same level of pet (44) but some have 7 affinity in pet and some have 13 for example. That makes me think the affinity as multiplier makes more sense.

Any idea what time (ballpark) this weekend you will launch?

Affinity charts is when the class can learn the spell.  Example:  A druid gets 1 Earth and a Necromancer gets 13 earth.  This means the druid could learn a level 1 earth spell at level 1 and the necromancer learns a level 1 earth spell at level 13.  This is because Necromancers are stronger with death magic and barely have an affinity with the earth. You can have a necromancer use some earth spells when they are higher but they won't get a large selection like a druid or other classes with stronger earth.  Shamans get access to Holy and Spirit at level 1 which is healing/buffs/hp/some stats etc.. Arcane has buffs like that as well. Things are much different than PEQ.

Varlyndria will be out by the week's end. We are very close.
Drakiyth
Admin

View user profile http://varlyndria.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum